GoFormz makes it easy to convert your paper forms into electronic forms. In this article, we go over how to create a new template from a paper form. Then follow the links at the bottom of this article to learn how to build your template by adding digital fields and setting their properties.
To get started, make sure that you have a PDF or JPG version of your form. In many cases, your form will already exist in one of these formats, since they are so widely used — but if it doesn’t, you will need to convert from your existing format to PDF or JPG. There are many free tools available for doing this online.
Once your PDF/JPG form is ready to upload, follow the below steps in the GoFormz Web App:
1. Navigate to the Templates Tab.
2. Click the Create Template button in the upper right corner to launch the Create Template dialog box.
3. Enter the template’s name in the Name field. In the example below, the name is “Field Work Order”.
4. Drag your PDF or JPG file into the dialog or click Browse and select your file from the file chooser that pops up.
5. Click the Create Template button to upload your file and open your new template in the Template Editor.
Your uploaded paper form serves as the background of your template's Form View. The next step is to overlay digital fields on top of that background, as well as to set up a List View — a different representation of your form that is optimized for smaller screens. See the following articles for more: