Shared Fields allow you to report on form metadata like form name, owner, completion date, etc. These fields will be available in the Report Editor regardless of which template you select. You can add Shared Fields to your regular single-template reports, or you can create a report across all your templates.
Single-template reports with Shared Fields
Multi-Template reports with Shared Fields
Here are the Shared Fields that are common across all form templates in GoFormz:
- Completed Date: The date and time on which this form was completed. This field will be empty if the form has not been completed yet.
- CreatedBy: This folder contains fields that identify the user who created this form. The fields are the user’s First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, and Username.
- Employee: This folder contains fields that identify the user who owns this form. The fields are the user’s First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, and Username. Note that the form’s owner may be different from the form’s creator if the form has been transferred.
- Id: The unique 32-digit hexadecimal ID associated with this form. These IDs are generated by GoFormz automatically.
- IdentityValue: The value of the identifier field associated with this form. When building a template, the Identifier property of a field can be used to tag that field as the form’s identifier. Typically this is a number, like the Work Order Number.
- Last Updated Date: The date and time of most recent update to this form.
- Latitude & Longitude: The geographical location where this form was completed, in degrees of latitude and longitude.
- Name: The name of this form.
When creating or editing a report, you will see a Shared Fields section in the Available columns area regardless of which template you choose for your report. To add a Shared Field to your report, simply drag-and-drop it into the Report Editor, as you would with any other field.
To build a report that includes metadata across all the templates in your organization, choose (Shared Fields) from the Form template dropdown in the Report Editor, instead of choosing a specific template. Then drag-and-drop the desired Shared Fields into your report, as you would with any other field. As long as you don’t select a specific form template, your report will span all form templates.