Note: Before getting started, you must first reach out to your GoFormz Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org to enable access to the Salesforce application on your account.
Creating a Salesforce connection: First, set up a connection to the Salesforce application, giving GoFormz access to your Salesforce account
Creating a Salesforce workflow: Contact your Account Manager or email@example.com to set up a Salesforce workflow
The purpose of the Salesforce / GoFormz integration is to provide a seamless workflow that allows users to augment Salesforce data by filling out forms in GoFormz. A typical integration flow might work as follows:
An account manager uses Salesforce to dispatch a new GoFormz form with some fields pre-populated with Salesforce data.
A field employee or a customer fills out the form in GoFormz.
Once the form is completed, form data is sent back to Salesforce.
CREATING A NEW SALESFORCE CONNECTION
Before you begin, make sure that you have an existing Salesforce account and you know the credentials for the account. To create a Salesforce app connection, do the following:
1. Select Connected Apps from the More dropdown at the top of the GoFormz web interface to navigate to the App Connections screen.
2. Select Salesfroce & Add Connection next to the Salesforce application block to begin the process.
3. Select Production for your Authentication Method or Select Sandbox if you are using the connection for testing purposes.
4. If you are not logged into your Salesforce account, you will see a Sign in screen, prompting you to log in with your Salesforce credentials. If you are already logged in, this step will be omitted.
5. Next you will see the Authorize application screen. Click Allow to complete the integration. This will allow GoFormz to read and write data in your Salesforce account. GoFormz will not manage any of your Salesforce settings.
And that’s it! The new connection will appear on your connections list with a generic name like “Salesforce Connection 1”.