Want to integrate your favorite business app with GoFormz, or just curious about what integrations we have available? You've come to the right place. In this article, we review all the integration types and touchpoints available in GoFormz, as well as go over many of our pre-built integrations.
When used to its fullest potential, GoFormz can become the data capture platform for your entire business, melding seamlessly into any business process that has a data collection component. Integrations are what enables this. They allow a constant exchange of data between GoFormz and your other business systems and apps, making sure that collected data gets where it needs to go, while at the same time expediting the data collection process using existing data.
The most common GoFormz integrations accomplish some combination of the following tasks:
- Data output: Send form data to a third-party app, system or database. This can be raw form data, or completed form PDFs/images.
- Data input: Receive data from a third-party app, system or database. This data can be used to pre-populate a form, update a GoFormz DataSource, and more.
- Inbound Triggers: Automatically initiate a GoFormz workflow based on a user action. This can be an action in GoFormz itself (e.g. completing a form triggers the creation of another form) or in a third-party system (e.g. automatically dispatch and pre-populate a form when a new task is created in your system).
- Outbound Triggers: Automatically initiate an external workflow based on a user action in GoFormz. For instance, you can create and populate a new work order in your app, as soon as a work order form is completed.
- Scheduled Actions: Automatically initiate GoFormz actions on a set schedule. For instance, you may want to sync a GoFormz DataSource with an external database on a daily basis, or generate and assign a timesheet to all employees at the beginning of each workday.
- Mobile App Integrations: Add custom functionality to the GoFormz mobile app, such as the ability to call a phone number or map an address entered into a form with a single tap.
Some end-to-end integrations may include all or most of the above.
HOW TO INTEGRATE WITH GOFORMZ
There are several different touchpoints within GoFormz that can be used for integrations, allowing you to pick the right one based on what you want to accomplish and the technical expertise at your disposal.
The following are the main methods for integrating with GoFormz:
- Workflows: Build code-free automations that route form data to other apps, use external data to launch and pre-fill forms, sync GoFormz DataSources with external databases, and much more. These automations can be triggered when a form completes, can run on a set schedule, or can be triggered by external events (e.g. the creation of a new task in a third-party app).
- Custom Actions & Deep Links: Deep link to other apps from your forms. These custom links show up when the form is opened within the GoFormz mobile app, and can support a wide range of actions — for example, you can bring up map directions, call a phone number or view a document directly from your form.
- API: Programmatically access and update form data, launch new forms, manage your users and groups, access and update DataSources, and more. This is the most versatile way to integrate with GoFormz, but also requires the most technical skill (i.e. the ability to code).
- Webhooks: Use GoFormz actions (e.g. form completion or Public Form submission) to trigger an external workflow.
- Zapier: GoFormz is part of the Zapier integration marketplace. Zapier lets you move information between GoFormz and other apps, enabling virtually endless integration options to other cloud-based apps. We have several pre-made Zapier automations (a.k.a. Zaps) that you can use, or you can build your own in minutes.
Below is a list of some of the top GoFormz integrations. These solutions let you leverage GoFormz as the data capture platform for all facets of your business.
Note that this is not an exhaustive list. If you don't see your favorite business app here, please contact your GoFormz account representative or email@example.com to find out if the integration already exists, or if we can build it for you.
Cloud Storage Integrations
GoFormz integrates with several cloud storage platforms. These integrations let you upload completed form PDFs and form images to the cloud, dynamically creating a folder structure as you do so. For instance, if your folders are named for your customers, a new folder would automatically get created when a form for a new customer is completed. Some of these integrations also let you upload form data to a spreadsheet, as well as use spreadsheet data to update GoFormz forms and DataSources.
Cloud storage integrations include:
- Box: Upload completed form PDFs and form images to your Box account, and optionally tag each form with Box metadata.
- Egnyte: Upload completed form PDFs and form images to your Egnyte account.
- Google G Suite: Upload completed form PDFs and form images to Google Drive, upload form data to a Google Sheet, and use data from Google Sheets to pre-fill your forms or update your DataSources.
- Dropbox: Upload completed form PDFs and form images to your Dropbox account.
- Microsoft Office 365: Upload completed form PDFs and form images to OneDrive, upload form data to Excel, and use data from Excel spreadsheets to pre-fill your forms or update your DataSources. See here for additional information.
Most of these integrations also let you use events that happen within the app as triggers that kick off a GoFormz workflow, though this is a far less common use case. For example, you can trigger a workflow when a file in your cloud storage changes, or when a line is added to a spreadsheet.
Field Service & Construction Integrations
GoFormz has integrations with several popular construction and field service apps. These integrations let you streamline field data capture and processing for you construction projects, installations, repair and maintenance jobs, inspections, and much more. You can capture data — including images, GPS data and signatures — at the job site on a mobile device, then immediately sync it to the appropriate project or even create a new project or other object within the third-party app. Data can be captured even while offline, and you can use smart features like conditional logic, auto-calculations, etc. to make sure your data is accurate before it reaches your third-party app. You can also dispatch pre-filled GoFormz forms directly from your third-party app.
Our field service and construction integrations include:
- Procore: Automatically dispatch forms using Procore webhooks, pre-fill forms with Procore data, attach newly completed form PDFs and images to the appropriate Procore projects, and upload form data to other Procore objects. See here for further details.
- BIM 360: Collect job site data and attach completed form PDFs and images to the appropriate BIM 360 project records. Initiate new BIM 360 RFIs and populate them with data from a mobile form. See here for further details.
- Plangrid: Collect job site data and attach completed form PDFs to the appropriate Plangrid project or task.
- ServiceMax: Dispatch a new form from ServiceMax and pre-populate the form with customer data before assigning it to a field technician. Then update ServiceMax objects with form data and the completed form PDF.
- ServiceM8: Dispatch forms based on a ServiceM8 event (e.g. when a Job Status changes), and pre-populate them with Job parameters. Capture job site data and signatures, then attach the completed form and images to the Diary of any ServiceM8 Job card, or directly update fields within the Job.
Other Popular Integrations
GoFormz also has integrations with a number of other popular business apps that help you manage your customers, your projects, your finances, and more. Below are several examples.
- Salesforce: Dispatch forms directly from Salesforce based on automated triggers, and pre-populate them with Salesforce data as necessary. Update Salesforce objects like Leads and Accounts with form data and attach completed form PDFs to Salesforce objects. See here for more information.
- QuickBooks Online (QBO): Automatically create new QBO objects like Customers and Invoices, or update existing objects based on form data. Attach form PDFs and images to QBO objects. Refresh GoFormz DataSources with QBO data.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365: Create or update Dynamics 365 entities like Accounts and Cases using form data. Upload form PDFs and images as Dynamics 365 Annotations. Use Dynamics 365 data to trigger GoFormz workflows, including pre-filling forms and updating DataSources.
- Smartsheet: Instantly update or add rows of data within any Sheet, and attach completed forms and images to your Sheet rows. Update multiple Sheets with a single form. Automatically dispatch forms based on a Smartsheet event (e.g. when a new row is added) and pre-populate forms with data from a Sheet. See here for more information.