GoFormz has a robust reporting engine that lets you generate your own custom reports based on form data. You can create a report in one of two ways:
- Report Builder: This is the easiest way to create a report. You will be guided through a series of screens that will collect all the information necessary to build your report. We recommend this for new users and simple reports.
- Report Designer: This just creates an empty report, and lets you build it in the Designer without any prompting. We recommend this for more experienced users and for more complex reports (such as reports involving multiple templates).
Creating a report with the Report Builder
Here is how you create a report using the Report Builder:
- Begin the creation process. Click the Create button in the Reports Tab. The Create a New Report screen will launch.
2. Name your report. In the Report Name field, enter the report’s name. In the example below, we used the name "Work Order Report". Then click the Use Report Builder button to start building your report.
3. Select the form template. On the next screen, select the form template that you want to report on. Use the search bar at the top to search templates by keyword. In the example below, we used the search phrase "work order" and selected the "Example - Demo Work Order" template. Click Next to proceed to the next screen.
4. Add metadata to your report. Choose the metadata that you want to include in the report. You can include the following:
- Form Name or Id
- Timestamps when the form was Created, Last Updated or Completed
- Form’s Status (Draft or Completed)
- Template Name or Id (this is the template that the form was based on)
- Form Owner Name or Id.
See here for more on the metadata fields. Click Next to proceed to the next screen.
5. Add template fields to your report. This screen lists all the fields in your chosen template that you can report on. Note that you cannot report on fields of type Image, Sketch, Location or Signature, so those will not be listed. Select the template fields that you want to include in the report. Use the search bar at the top to find the desired fields by keyword. In the example below, we selected the "Customer", "Customer City", "Customer State" and "Date" fields. (Note that table fields will not appear here; to add table fields to your report, use the Report Designer.)
6. Generate the report. Once you’ve selected the desired fields, click Generate Report. This will place you in the Report Designer, with a preview of the report built to your specifications. You can continue to make changes to the report here.
7. Save the report. Once you are done making changes in the Report Designer, save your report. Your report will not be created until you do this, so do not forget this step!
Creating a report with the Report Designer
To create a report using the Report Designer, click the Create button in the Reports Tab to launch the Create a New Report screen. Use the Report Name field to name your report and click Skip to Designer.
The Report Designer will open with an empty report. Use the Designer to build up your report, then click Save. See here for a detailed overview of how to use the Report Designer to build and edit reports.